Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Testing my new Toy - Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Aspherical


Wide angle enthusiasts just can't get enough - the wider it gets the better. 

I have been thinking weather to buy a new Canon body or a new lens. I have been using my Canon 40D EOS for almost 2 year since the last time I bought it online (this unit is a second hand only). 

Then, I think I should buy a new lens. Been searching the internet what good lens will fit my tight budget. After long search, I found out this SAMYANG 14mm f/2.8 ultra wide lens. 


Image from the internet. 


The build quality is surprisingly high for such an affordable product. It is made of a tightly assembled combination of metal and good quality plastic parts. The focus ring operates as smooth as silk (dampened). The plastic aperture ring has distinctive clicks in 1/2EV steps. The lens features an internal focusing (IF) mechanism so the physical size remains constant during focusing and the big front element does not rotate.


I am very satisfied with the output of this lens. Will recommend for those who searching for a wide lens on a cheaper price. 

Here are some of the photos taken using this lens. 











No comments:

Post a Comment